pfar54

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I will be taking my 2021 GT the boosted route eventually. What do you guys think I should go with...turbo or supercharger?

mattyG14

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I'd go with a supercharger, instant power and more reliability imo

kcal23

Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT
I'm biased but I'm a huge fan of superchargers because of what MattyG said above, but it also depends on what you're going for. For me, on my street car, I love the instant power my PD blower gives. My truck is an ecoboost, and it's great for what it is, but I wouldn't like the turbo lag and not getting into boost until higher RPMs on my mustang.

Reaction score
Well, when I get enough money I want to do the paxton 2200sl and make my car an easy 9 sec car. Fore return fuel system FIC 1000cc etc. best boost for a budget

RobCal15

Reaction score
If you plan on doing the work yourself I think a supercharger would be the better route. I know when we supercharged Keith’s mustang it was easy. I enjoyed the project, probably because it wasn’t my car, idk if Keith could say the same. I honestly think doing header back exhaust was “harder” than supercharging it.

pfar54

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Good points all. The reliability factor has me leaning that way. Any one have a turbo on theirs?

Trevlain

Reaction score
I will be taking my 2021 GT the boosted route eventually. What do you guys think I should go with...turbo or supercharger?
So if you go the Whipple route I suggest the Gen V 3.0. Solid set up and boasts 100extra HP than the Gen 3. The problem is I ordered mine in Feb and they are still saying it will be another couple weeks before shipment.

pfar54

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So if you go the Whipple route I suggest the Gen V 3.0. Solid set up and boasts 100extra HP than the Gen 3. The problem is I ordered mine in Feb and they are still saying it will be another couple weeks before shipment.
Good call. What is the hold-up in receiving the unit?

Trevlain

Reaction score
Good call. What is the hold-up in receiving the unit?
The housing for the unit is on back order is all. Just spoke with my guy at Beefcakeracing and they are saying that it will still be a few more weeks.

RodKnock

Reaction score
All depends upon what you want to do with it. I know alot of blower guys run high ten's while maintaining great handling and comfort the S550's are known for.